Sustainability – our commitment
Growing climate change also poses a growing challenge to the event industry. Events are always associated with pollution, so the call for environmentally friendly events is growing louder.
We have committed ourselves to responsibility in handling the natural resources of our environment. Our numerous sustainability measures towards reducing and eliminating pollutant emissions constitute our voluntary contribution with added value. Furthermore, we have balanced out our CO2 emissions and are compensating for a part of our inevitable emissions by co-financing a certified climate protection project (composting in Cape Town, South Africa).
You too can contribute to climate protection! Our emissions calculator shows you the levels emitted by your overnight stay, your arrival and departure, and how you can compensate for them. And of course, you can request a certificate confirming your commitment.
We support sustainability and climate protection!
- Washing changed at our guests’ request or every two days (towel change programme)
- Cleaning service at our guests’ request
- Soap and shampoo in dispensers
- No plastic liners in the waste baskets
- Perlator tap attachments and dual flush buttons for regulating water quantities
- Short transport routes for fruit and vegetables purchased mainly from Baden or the Palatinate
- Regional drinks suppliers
- Organic catering and fair trade coffee offered on request, individual products permanently in the range
- Leftovers retrieved by organic waste collectors and converted to environmentally friendly energy in biogas installations
- No disposable packaging wherever possible
- Dishwashing line at the Congress Center Rosengarten with 35% water savings and heat reclamation systems
- Exclusive use of biologically degradable cleaning agents
- Waste sorting in all areas
- Wastepaper collected in press containers and collected for recycling
- Heat reclamation systems for reduced energy consumption
- Ventilation systems fitted with frequency converters that adjust the air flow to changing requirements and hence save energy
- Environmentally friendly arrival and departure with the Deutsche Bahn CO2-free event ticket
- Guest magazines as ePaper instead of print editions
"rightandfair” – the Sustainability Codex of the German-speaking event industry
The Dorint Kongresshotel Mannheim declares its commitment to the Sustainability Codex of the German-speaking event industry. Initiated by the professional associations GCB and EVVC, the Sustainability Codex “rightandfair” is understood to be a quality standard for sustainable activities promoting economic, ecological, and social issues in the organisation and hosting of events. With this voluntary self-commitment, we accept responsibility for the environment and the future. Further details can be found below in the downloads.